View Single Post
Old
05-04-2007, 03:10 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think its obvious that we got very little respect in this league. Look back the last 4 seasons, wheater its conscious or un-conscious (which defenitly is possbile), we get questionable calls against us and never gets anything back. We destroyed the game, according to every Canadian media, for like 8-9 years (since the Sakic signing in 97' right?). That could play a part in it.

Anyone remember (?) a Kovalev incident when he dived and that Van Helmut ref or whatever his name is took allot of heat for calling something (or not calling something?), I never saw it but have heard about it after. Supposedly didn't make us popular either. Think it was in 95' against Qubeck in the PO's.

If you are Detroit or NJD you can put on a charade and still be respected in the end. If we would take that route we would loose that respect.

I rather we keep building for a while longer.
Man, you're old... I agree completely. Plus Ruff almost lost his job by barking at the league at some points of his tenure there. Renney should be careful. All of that is done for the fans i.e . not being important.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote