View Single Post
Old
02-24-2004, 10:34 AM
oli500

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
If Ward spends an extended amount of time on the first line we are in trouble. I don't deny that he brings grit and heart to the line, but Begin could do the same and wouldn't be a good idea either.
The habs have to find players that Koivu can play with that have the ability to put the puck in the net. Nice goal last night by Ward, but I really don't think he has the skills to be a first line game in, game out, shift in, shift out.
You see ward in my opinion can score goals. He scored them in hamilton for two straight seasons. I know its not the same caliber of hockey but still all Ward needs its a bit of confidence. Look at Ryder at the begining of the season. He had the confidence of his coach and ryder has done a tramondus job. Ward wont score the pretyis goals out there but he knows how to play hockey and we should give him a chanche. Not to take anything away from Bulis but so many times koivu gave him the puck on his stick and he dident even hit the net. Ive seen ward play in hamilton last year a couple times, and hes the type of player that goes to net and picks up the garbage our rebounds.

All this to say that the coaches confidence towards a young player plays a big role in a young players development and if the coach has confidence in Ward to play him on the first line, I think he can do a tramondous job even with that lack of talent.

As they say those who work hard everyday well get rewarded one day and in my opinion its the perfect example to give the other young players. Ward has been one of those players that has given his 100% everyday and should play with koivu and zednik for a while.