View Single Post
Old
05-05-2007, 07:41 AM
LogiquePaR4dOcKs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Yeah, after watching the NHL allot this season, the SEL is pretty hard to follow. All experts talk about how much they have cracked down on hooks ect here, man if a team gets a lead you can just turn it off. If a player trys a move, he got 2 sticks crossed around his waist.
That's EXACTLY how it's here in Finland too. The crackdown was gone by Christmas but no one seemed to notice and the media continued to praise how strictly everything was called, when in reality it was clutch'n'grab back in full swing.
It's just dumb.

And about Jagr: like that video showed, Jagr's wrister kills when he's fully capable of using it. I also think he's still the top stickhandler in the NHL, even though he's not as smooth as players like Datsyuk and Hemsky. To invent a new term, I'd say Jagr's the best effective stickhandler around; He focuses on purposeful stickhandling whereas others, like the aforementioned duo, choose style over substance on many occasions. I'm a Penguins fan, but JJ is easily my favorite player apart from the Pens. I hope the Rangers win the Cup this year, with Jagr possibly receiving the Conn Smythe.

LogiquePaR4dOcKs is offline   Reply With Quote