View Single Post
Old
05-06-2007, 03:38 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
I think Trotz is overall a good coach. He can't be considered a great coach until he starts winning in the playoffs. However, IMO, we have been the the underdog is all three of our playoff series.

2004. We barely sqeaked in the 8th seed, and we did it with little talent (Walker and Johansson were on our first line). Almost every prediction out there had us getting swept. We put up a pretty good fight.

2006. SJ was the best team in the 2nd half of the season after they got Thornton. Vokoun goes out right before the playoffs. We were certainly the underdogs. I was hoping for a better fight, but objectively speaking, I expected us to lose.

2007. SJ gets hot at the end of the year. We don't have many injuries all season, then we get swamped at the end of the year. Meanwhile, SJ is pretty much 100%. Vokoun aint on top of his game. I again hoped for a better fight, but again, I expected us to lose. I think it's stupid to blame Trotz for no-shows like Arnott and Kariya. These are the guys' who supposedly know how to win the the playoffs, and in turn, show others. It's their fault alot more than Trotz.

-------------

I more unhappy with Poile. He pisses away assets at the trade deadline, when we could used our assets at a much better time. We give up a 1st for Witt, when we could've gotten Lydman for a 3rd in the offseason (among others). It didn't take a genius to know we need some defense before the season started.

The name of Forseberg was good, but it didn't fill our biggest hole (a solid defenseman). Meanwhile, we could've used a package similar to Parent, Upshall, 1st for the likes of Progner or Thornton.

Last edited by dulzhok: 05-06-2007 at 03:59 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote