View Single Post
Old
05-06-2007, 07:00 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I'm content with the Forsberg trade but still quite bitter about our failure to address our needs on the defensive end. It was our biggest need when we acquired Forsberg, and it showed quite often as the season wound down. VV was an ok move if Trotz had ever gained faith in him. But at no point was he going to take pressure of someone like Timonen, who's proven to be woefully overburdened in the playoffs. If you are going to go all out to acquire a Forsberg, no sense in not taking one more extra step to fill the team's biggest need.
I said the same thing last summer after we acquired Arnott and Dumont. I felt like we had some solid youth on the back end, and clearly we did. Weber had a great year, Suter took some huge steps forward...but I felt that we were still lacking the combination of size and experience that would push the team over the edge. I was flamed for it by some of our own posters.

At any rate, I hope that this doesn't go unaddressed for two years in a row., but from the sounds of it...it may. Every article seems to imply that Klein is penciled in, Brookbank has an outside shot...and the only way either of these guys even has a spot is if Timonen leaves...so...could management let Timonen go AND not replace him externally?

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote