NYR 2007-2008 Speculation
View Single Post
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Join Date: Oct 2004
Originally Posted by
I find it interesting that no one thinks that we will see Dubinsky up here next year. I was impressed with his play when he came up and think he is a shoe in to make the Rangers next year. I also think Staal will make the team too.
He's gonna be the main reason we save our cash, and stay low key this summer. Our moves IMO:
(1) Re-sign Nylander for two years @ 4.5 million.
(2) Re-sign Shanahan for one year @ 3 million. Plan to use him in a reduced role = no PK at the least.
(3) Sign backup Goaltender for two years @ 2/2.5 million.
(4) Sign Avery, Ortmeyer, Immonen(asset for trade/HFD)
(5) Let go of Rachunek, Weekes, Isbister, Strudwick, and Liffiton.
One minor caveat is NYR can treat themselves to the UFA market if Hannan somehow slips away from SJ. He's such a competitor and rock of a defenseman.Then look to move Mara IMO.
View Public Profile
Anthony Mauro's albums
Visit Anthony Mauro's homepage!
Find More Posts by Anthony Mauro