View Single Post
Old
05-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Spitfire11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Just wanted to thank GBC for making my picks this weekend.

Harris gives us a doubly tough defender, one of the best fighters of the 60's and a player who can play a regular shift on defense. At worst, he can sub in for Hajt as our sixth d-man if we're up against a more physical team. In addition, he's capable enough to allow us to move Cyclone Taylor up front if we need more scoring on our top lines.

Goyette is an excellent defensive player and PK'er. He won four Cups with the Canadiens as a key shut down player. Stuck behind Beliveau, Richard and Backstrom, he wasn't able to display his offensive talent. After leaving the Canadiens, he blossomed as an excellent offensive player, finishing as a top-10 scorer three times. He brings strong two-way play that should complement Rousseau and Thompson on our third line.
A good pair of picks.

I really like the Thompson - Goyette - Rousseau line you've been able to put together, awesome 3rd line (could even be a very good 2nd this draft IMO) and great at both ends of the ice.

I thought about taking Harris (had him in both of my minor league drafts) but he was a penalty machine in the playoffs.

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote