View Single Post
Old
05-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Frightened Inmate #2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmullin View Post
Honestly I don't know why you're doing this if you don't think that someone else's opinion is relevant in quantifying excellence. Clearly much of the all-time draft is based on the opinion of hockey experts and historical writers. If not all we'd have were stats, and any hockey fan worth his salt knows they are only part of the story.
No it isn't based primarly off statistics but to say that someone was excellent and then use wikipedia as a source for that, is not going to fly with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
And you selected first overall a player that couldn't even make the playoffs when he was removed from a cushy situation in Boston.

Judging a player's value based on their final year when they had the 2nd longest career for any goalie in history up to that point, and, held that mark for durability for more than 40 years after, is patently absurd.
I don't care that it was his last season, the point I am trying to make was that Benidict played what amounts to a different game due to the rules at the time. This isn't something personal it is something I have pointed out time and time again when discussing goaltenders who played before 1929.

Frightened Inmate #2 is offline   Reply With Quote