View Single Post
Old
05-07-2007, 02:10 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
7 @ 4.5 is obviously an attempt to get an avg/yr discount by adding more years. considering hes what...25? 26? thats not bad at all, expires when hes 32, 33....
Also, an important thing to note, while it might not seem like much, is that Henrik is a YOUNG 25. He just turned it, so you can pretty much add an extra 6 months or so to his prime.

The great thing about Henrik is that he is all about positioning. As a goalie, the first thing you lose as you age is your reflexes (Hasek exception). This will be of little concern for Henrik because his game is based around positioning. As long as he doesn't get hurt, I could see him being a vezina candidate all the way up to 36-37 years old.

4.5 for 7 is a steal. Especially if the cap gradually goes up like it hopefully will, this will *probably* be a deal we will all be very pleased with. There is no way anyone can tell me that Luongo is worth 2 mill+ more than Henrik is. There is no way you can tell me Nabakov, Turco. I don't care if we have to chain him to a wall. Do NOT let Henrik even go near another team before we sign him.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote