Thread: Roman Cechmanek
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2004, 08:14 PM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
This is no injury thread. But I have a question for everybody. With Huet's recently play do you think he should start if he keeps this up? And do you think Cechmanek has the heart to take us deep into the playoffs. It seems after he lets in 1 he gets down and its like he doesn't try anymore. Huet has Heart. I dont think Cechmanek has the drive to get us anywhere.
I agree. But AM becomes mentally warped when it comes to his true number one goalie. Since he's been here, he has been very adamant about starting one goalie about 70-80% of the games. Potvin deserved to be benched loads of times, but he just wouldn't do it. It's unfortunate that we've had headcase's for goalie's so I can't really blame AM.
On a side note before I went to the Kings game last night, I was watching Toronto and Carolina. Kelly Frudey was saying that the Kings' front office should be pretty disappointed with Cecho thus far, and should try obtaining Olaf Kolzig. Kind of made me laugh because he was the same kind of flounder. Anyways, I love Olie the goalie, but he's way to expensive, but if he was willing to eat some of his contract or better yet, Washington eat some than i'd be all for it. I truely believe that Cecho is a mental midget when it comes to the game. He's to concerned with everybody else's play, and he doesn't concentrate on his own. Jeremy Roenick was right, he's good for about 20-30 games, and than he's done! Before anything he needs an attitude adjustment.
As for Huet, I like him a lot, but he's not ready for that number one role just yet, nor may he ever be. Different kind of pressure with it, but i'd love to see him get about 40% of the starts!