View Single Post
Old
05-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/

[Nylander told me he wants to play another six or seven years. And he definitely wants to re-sign with the Rangers. The sides exchanged contract extension numbers during the season. But Nylander cut off the talks as the playoffs approached, wanting to concentrate solely on the games.

"Now that the hockey is over, we can talk again," Nylander said.]
Hehe, he loves the game.

I know there is some loose talk about him returning to his first team in Sweden late in his career.

He played for AIK. Its somewhat of a cult club, probably got the biggest and defenitly the most violent fanbase in the entire country, but have always struggled. Some negatives involved playing for them, like if you plan to leave don't be suprised if you wake up one morning with the head of a horse in your bed, or at the least a brick through the window... Though if you do well for them there is maybe 600 000 people who will litterary threat you like you are a god for the rest of your life. They went bankrupt and was degraded to the 5th tier league like 4-5 years ago, and have slowly started the road back to the SEL. Norström, Tärnström and Nylander is three players they have raised who supposedly have had very loose talks with each other about returning at the same time to the 2nd tier league and help them up to the SEL.

Though I wonder if he will ask for a longer contract then 2 years. The thing is, if he asks for 3-4 years allot of suitors will back down, and the market will be much smaller. If he asks for 2 years, and proves that he can keep playing, he could make allot more dough.

Last edited by Ola: 05-09-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote