View Single Post
Old
05-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
And that's really what's about, John, BUT if the goal of an organeyezayshun is to be the possessor of the Stanley Goblet you might have to make some hard decisions on prospects versus FAs or part of a trade. The Garden Faithful have been very patient with Slats over the past few years, but I have to imagine that even the truest of Blueshirt diehards would want to see the Goblet at MSG at some point in the next 43 years, and would expect either prospects for vets in trades or prospects' roster spots being sacrificed for a UFA in order be the aforementioned Possessor.

I'm all for development, but I want to see another banner raised at MSG sooner rather than later. Not sayin' Drury/Brier/Gomez is the key piece, or even if that last piece of the puzzle needs to be here before late Feb., but my guess it will have to come from the outside.

Who knows, maybe we do fall into an awesome pattern of being a perennial playoff contender, and do it with a steady influx of prospects and smart vet signings. I don't think so, but one can hope.
the eventual goal is the Stanley Cup. if that opportunity presents itself in the immediate future, even better.

I'm sure competing for the Cup with 6-8 players under 26 won't be good enough for the hardcore rebuilders, but who cares?

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote