View Single Post
Old
05-10-2007, 07:12 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Our community of prospects is working out well--in fact we look a little overloaded--if there can be such a thing. The one thing missing is we don't really have your 1st line or elite type forward as of now. As for the team itself Renney and many of the vets seem to think we were pretty close this year when all was said and done. My opinion--the one hole we have to fill from outside via trade or free agency is 2nd line center--the main thing is to get someone (he doesn't have to be a superstar) who can really do the job. If we trade for such a player no doubt we'll have to dip into prospects and/or draft picks and maybe even a younger regular. The one thing with trading for that center is he would need to be on the right side of 30 otherwise we should chase after Drury or Gomez. As for the makeup of the team as others have mentioned there needs to be a mix of veterans and younger players. Hopefully two or three stick right out of camp. I'm thinking Staal and Montoya especially but maybe Bourret or Dubinsky or even a Baranka.

One other thing there is pressure from within to go for it in the next couple seasons. On paper I think we've made strides personel wise where that is realizable. We at least seem to have a fighting chance next year especially if Jagr can return to the form of two years ago. Between him and Lundqvist we got two superstars who can take us there.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote