Official Translation Thread
View Single Post
05-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Beware of the Bunny!
Join Date: Feb 2005
Here, this translation is far from perfect but hopefully it's understandable.
Originally Posted by
Ouch, such an expensive victory
two new injuries - luckily the OG begins soon, Djurgården...
Before the game against Färjestad Djurgården had five men on the injurylist. Afterwards the number was seven.
- So damn typical (doesn't translate very well). Me and a buddy was talking the night before about how good i've managed from getting injuries, says Niklas Kronwall, who thrashed his knee.
Last year it was HV71 and this year it's Djurgården and Brynäs that's had the biggest injuryproblems in elitserien. Five djurgården players was missing from the lineup before the heavyweight meet(?) against Färjestad and it would become even worse already in the first period. The Torpedo (read winger) Mikael "Musse" Håkansson was gonna make a tackle but missed and went into the boards with his head first. Result: a lighter nickinjury
"the knee snapped"
In the shift it was Kronwalls turn to leave the ice. He was gonna make a quick turn and got stuck with the skate. Result: a torn meniscus.
- I felt right away that the right kneee snapped and it hurt like hell. It was only to leave the ice, he says. (poor translation)
Kronwall was examined Djurgårdens doctor Bengt Gustafsson and the diognosis came quickly. The Meniscus is torn. 07.30 o'clock next morning i have to be at St Görans hospital. They aparently need to operate, says Kronwall with a light sigh.
Why did you talk?
Previous years he's suffered heavly from injuries, but this season Kronwall has played all the games.
- We shouldn't have talked about it, he says.
- Before the game me and a buddy talked about injuries and he said: "but how healthy you've gotten to be the whole season" (iffy translation). He said "peppar peppar" (sort of like knock on wood) afterwards, but now we know what it ment".
It could've been worse. If the operation goes successfully Niklas Kronwall will be back in a few weeks. When elitserien starts over after the OG (Olympic Games).
- Yeah, luckily it happened now and not in the playoffs.
In less than a week Djurgården has won twice over the favorite of the series Färjestad the spell is broken.
- They won all the games in the beginning of the series, but now we have a psychological advantage over them going into the end of the series, says Kronwall.
The swedish champions are beggining to find the championship form. Despite all the injuries.
Then it's just a list of all the injured players in the club and their status.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by dr-nix