View Single Post
Old
05-13-2007, 10:46 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
Alcohol and energy drinks (red bull) take water out of your system. The number one thing that controls your energy is water. I read somewhere that a simple 2% drop in hydration in your body could make you tired to where you wanna sleep.

I usually drink a Poland spring sized bottle of water, on top of eating a powerbar. It's a good thing to keep food in your stomach, and powerbars are good to give you a boost of energy. Plus for best results you're supposed to eat it a half an hour before the game with a bottle of water to help digestion.
I actually had a Snickers Marathon bar before my last game and by the end of the game I had the most energy on the team. I wasn't even tired and then they stuck me out on a 5 minute shift (was our last game of the season, we got beaten pretty badly and one of our guys took a 5 minute major and was thrown out for pulling a Zidane), then after that I was a little tired, lol.

Usually I'm pretty shot by the middle of the 2nd. Also I had played Open Hockey a couple days before, so that may have helped too instead of having like a week layoff.

I changed 3 things before my last game through.
1. I ate the power bar,
2. I actually stretched which I usually never do,
3. I started drinking Gatorade again which I hadn't done in a long time.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote