View Single Post
Old
05-13-2007, 12:19 PM
DaveMatthew

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
You do realize we never wanted to trade Heatley in the first place right? He killed a teammate, requested to be released outright by the Thrashers(after the charges had been plea bargained by the county D.A.), and then failed to serve one second of his punishment in the state of Georgia.

I hope that punk never gets his hands on the Stanley Cup

Dany Heatley has nothing to do with this conversation what so ever, and the fact that Ottawa dares to even put an A on his chest is hilarious.
Why? He's one of the players that Ottawa counts on, scores huge goals and is always out there in the final minute of 1 goal games. I can't say what goes on in the room, but he's also a member of the 6 player "leadership committee" that Bryan Murray has set up along with Alfredsson, Redden, Phillips, Spezza and Fisher. So it seems to me that he deserves an A when Phillips, Redden or Fisher get injured...

Regarding Hossa, like I said previously, a captain is a guy you want to come up in the clutch and lead by example. Hossa has yet to do that, be it in Ottawa or Atlanta. Can he? Probably, he's a terrific player, but until he shows it on the ice I wouldn't give him the captaincy.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote