View Single Post
Old
05-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post
Honestley, Hossa isn't even in Heatley's league after watching these playoffs, cup or no cup. Even last year when Ottawa was eliminated in round 2 the guy had 14 pts in 10 games. That type of production usualy takes Hossa 3 or 4 years in the playoffs to match
IMHO Hossa is the better player, albeit not by much.

im a 3rd party so i cant be accused of being biased towards either team.

Hossa has far less to work with in Atlanta. You guys simply do not have playmakers like Alfredson and Spezza. Both are all-world passers, and both create time and space with their amazing skill set.

who did Hossa play with? i honestly dont keep track of the line combinations, but i know for a fact none of the players in the thrashers lineup comes close to the skill level these guys have in terms of passing.

its easy to call Heatley a better player when he plays with Spezza and Alfredson, but if you look at the bigger picture, Hossa creates a lot more stuff through sheer skill, speed, and will, rather than relying on other guys.

If i were the Thrashers GM, point 1 would be to sign Scotty Gomez asap. Put him on a line with Hossa, and you can guarantee, injuries aside, hossa will put up 50+ goals easy.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote