02-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
That was a tongue-in-cheek comment that I obviously didn't make clear enough was tongue-in-cheek. My bad. As for Milley I agree with you but I just think he's fallen behind guys like Bartovic, Paille, Thorburn and Gaustad who all have similar upsides.
Ah. Ok. Got it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Based on Milley's value, yeah I think that's the determining factor. You yourself said he doesn't even have Daniel Corso's trade value and I'm not sure he could bring much back. I think the Amerks would do fine without him. They just need Pominville and Ryan back, but that's a different issue.
My thought was that with both Pominville and Ryan out for unknown amounts of time with their concussions, Taylor struggling, Botterill out with the shoulder injury, and the third liners pretty much a non-factor... that leaves Pittis, Dawe, and Milley to carry the offensive hopes of the Amerks. Dealing him off doesn't do them much good IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Milley is out of the 1998 draft. Botterill is out of the 1994 draft.

There is a big difference between being 24 and being 28 as a prospect. Bryan Allen, Rico Fata and Dmitri Kalinin are three players from that draft to make huge improvements this year.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see Milley being a 40 goal scorer, but he definitely has some upside left. Botterill is what he is.
Yep. And Milley's only real shot to latch onto any sort of role in the NHL is to play well upon recall. His upside is limited, but not non-existent. And as I said, I hope he plays himself up for a while, they could use any extra energy they can get.