View Single Post
Old
05-15-2007, 12:20 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

vCash: 500
If we're gonna wait until 2008, we have got to sign Heatley. He is truly one of the best players in the league. We should definately leave a bit of cap space for one major UFA signing that year. At the same time, we should not count of it, because remember a few seasons ago when everyone though there would be a ton of talented free agents, and they all resigned. Its not a good idea to bank of one offseason. This year if we don't want to spend a ton and sign a guy to a 1 year contract, we could go for a guy like Paul Kariya, who would definately be less expensive. The problematic thing in pursuing Drury, Briere and Gomez is that these players are not 6-7 million dollar players and are not that young. These guys should not make more than 4.5 million. I'd like an extra dman as well because I'm not convinced we're gritty enough or skilled enough. We have alot of 3,4,5,6 guys who can hit a little and score a little. The only guys I'd like to keep for the long haul are Dan Girardi, Michal Roszival, and Tyutin. Slats will not hesitate to throw dead weight to the minors so if we sign a guy like Scott Hannan or Brian Rafalski and Marek Malik, or Paul Mara looks like crap I don't think Slats hesitates to send them down. I personally don't think Staal makes the team. I have a feeling they will put him through 1 year of the AHL and if he looks ready maybe call him up.

Last edited by ChrisKreider20: 05-15-2007 at 12:35 PM.
ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote