View Single Post
Old
05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What do you mean by this? All 4 are UFA's after this season. IF, and that's obviously a big IF, they decide to go the free agency route we can sign one without giving up anything in return. Or are you saying that they will re-sign with their current clubs and as a result we'd have to trade for them? I'm not sure why they would want to re-sign if they want to go somewhere else though.
Ok, you're the GM of any one of San Jose, Atlanta, Calgary or Ottawa and you have a choice to make regarding the players in question.

Do you deal them before they test the waters? Or do let them walk via UFA (all the while trying to sign them)??

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that we are not going to hape to part with assets to first acquire their services and then hope that we can re-sign them without letting them walk themselves.

The bottom line is that Atlanat is not going to let Hossa walk and with the moves they made they need to wrap him up long-term to ensure that they remain somewhat competitive.

Heatley in Ottawa is also not going anywhere. They will usher Alfredsson out the door before they let the Heater walk.

Joe Thornton is a player that I actually don't want to see here in NY, one of the best in the league no doubt, but when he gets pissy he really mails it in and he's really not someone I want my youth learning the game from.

Iginla I like, but he's the face of that franchise and the only way he leaves is if the Flames choose Kipper over him, and to be honest, I don't see that happening.

So, what are you willing to pay for the player, then what are you willing to pay the player? Let's think Sanguinetti, Montoya and a 1st for any one of those players and then sign them to 5-7 year contracts at 7 mil per.

That is insane, but that is probably the scenario and one that I'd be very uncomfortable with.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote