View Single Post
Old
05-17-2007, 06:51 AM
FLYLine27
BUCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
When should I make a move? I mean, is there a certain point where I should pressure the man with the puck? I was two feet infront of the crease when the deflection happened, did I wait too long?

Thanks
Its hard to say when you should have become a bit more aggressive...it depends on what the puck carrier does...sometimes he won't mess up at all and you just have to stand your ground and block the passing lane and let him take the shot.

Sometimes i'm able to stay in the middle while moving toward him a bit (note i'm still blocking the passing lane well enough) that it forces him to the outside a bit more. If you can do that then that will help your goalie out when he comes time to shoot. Just dont over commit to either player. If you see him fumble with the puck for a quick second try to do a quick poke check (but don't go out of position).

2 on 1's are hard to get down perfect, but over time IMO you'll get better and your hockey sense picks up in that situation.

Like I wrote in another thread, I love being the defenseman in a 2 on 1, thats something i've mastered since moving back to defense 2 years ago.

FLYLine27 is online now   Reply With Quote