View Single Post
Old
05-19-2007, 07:42 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
My expectations:

1) I do NOT expect the Blues to go into the draft with 3 first round picks. I expect the Blues to make a trade involving one of our D men(Backman) and a 1st round pick(NOT ours) before the draft to acquire a legit 20 goal scorer up front. It also wouldn't surprise me if we "force" that team to accept a grinder(Hinote) as part of the deal(for reasons I'll explain later).

I'm not going to name any names for who we might target, but I expect it to be a High profile player(IMO it'll be an "out of the blue" type trade like Demitra's in last years draft).

One note; we WILL NOT deal off any prospects currently in the system. JD can play off dealing away a draft pick for a player("surplus picks" and all that) but dealing a prospect goes against his "no trading youth" mantra.

2) I expect a seperate trade to be made involving JUST Draft picks(either our extra 3rd or extra 4th rounder) to move up with the lower 1st round pick.

3) I FULLY expect Lars Eller to be a member of the Blues system after the draft. The kid is simply THE definition of a "Jarmo pick".

I also wouldn't be surprised if we pick defenseman Ryan McDonaugh with our other 1st round pick.

4) Expanding this to encompass the off-season:
In addition to trading for a top line scorer, I think Pleau and JD will try to sign one more "scoring" forward as a FA(and I have a VERY strong feeling that we'll trade for a winger and make Handzus(who is EXACTLY what AM wants in a center) our FA pickup). I think AM would LIKE to go into the season with Jammer, RJ and Drake(hence the "forcing the team to take Hinote as part of the deal" comment above) as his 4th line(those 3 played together a LOT going down the stretch) and have skill players on the rest of his lines(a more traditional lineup as opposed to the "1 1/2 scoring-2 1/2 checking" philosophy that Quenneville/Kitchen used).

5) I doubt that we'll trade a goalie. Neither of our "available" goalies will get enough in return to make it worthwhile. Instead, I think we'll just not offer Sanford a contract.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote