View Single Post
Old
05-19-2007, 10:53 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Yeah, apparently a "2/3" Dman plus a first round pick can bring back a 20-goal scorer. I find that inconsistent with our previous dispute over the value of Backman. If kimzey truly believes Backman is a 2/3, then by himself he should return at least a 20-goal scorer.
1) And you base this on what?

Only 2 D men brought back a 20 goal forward in trade last year; the Noah Welch(one of the leagues top D prospects)/Gary Roberts deal and the Brandon Bell(a #4 D man who was packaged with a 2nd round pick)/Yannic Perreault deal.

The only other deal that was even CLOSE to this blueprint was the Niinimaa/Ribiero trade(and both players had HUGE question marks attached to them at the time).

Based on last years established market value; a #2/3 D man is NOT worth a legit 20 goal scorer. Ergo; in order to GET a legit 20 goal forward we'll have to add something with significant value to the deal(such as one of our 1st round picks).

2) That said; by "legit 20 goal scorer" I MEAN somebody who will(not "can", WILL) net 20 goals and will also contribute 30-40 assists. I'm talking about a 50-70 point winger with that statement; not a 20 goal/40 point player like Jeff O'Neill, Dan Cleary or Fredrik Modin. We MIGHT, be able to get somebody like Ryder, Cammalleri, Horton, Naslund or Langkow with that package(I doubt it but GM do dumb things all the time); but I'd settle for somebody like Brendan Morrison, Matt Lombardi, Ales Kotalik, Cory Stillman or Stephan Weiss.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote