View Single Post
Old
05-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I have always liked Handzus and would love to have him back. I would expect a top six forward for Backman alone a legit top four. I would expect a 20 goal scorer for a first round pick or I wouldn't trade the pick. For Backman and a 1st round pick, I would expect a legit young 30 to 35 goal guy, otherwise I wouldn't make the deal. You're getting shafted for only a twenty goal scorer.

I don't expect Drake to make the team and retire to be a coach. I think he's done. Just my opinion.
I agree here. I think JD knows The Blues need to get a proven, trustworthy, Impact forward. So Bäckman or Salvy AND one of the later 1st rounders (and possibly Bacashiua IF the trading partner also needs a backup goalie) will all go in a trade for a VERY GOOD Quality young forward (almost guaranteed 30-35 goal scorer (in any scenario). The better of the 2 top 6 forwards will likely be obtained in the trade, as The Blues won't want to pay out $6-7 million a year for several years to the UFA. The UFA will be a 2nd-tier forward (weak line 1 or line 2 forward at no more than $4 million per year. Despite losing the NHL defenceman's salary, more current Blues' salary will need to be dumped (e.g. more trades will need to be made).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote