View Single Post
Old
05-20-2007, 01:37 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
1)

2) That said; by "legit 20 goal scorer" I MEAN somebody who will(not "can", WILL) net 20 goals and will also contribute 30-40 assists. I'm talking about a 50-70 point winger with that statement; not a 20 goal/40 point player like Jeff O'Neill, Dan Cleary or Fredrik Modin. We MIGHT, be able to get somebody like Ryder, Cammalleri, Horton, Naslund or Langkow with that package(I doubt it but GM do dumb things all the time); but I'd settle for somebody like Brendan Morrison, Matt Lombardi, Ales Kotalik, Cory Stillman or Stephan Weiss.

Who do you see as a "true" trading partner looking for a Backman type defenseman and a pick? I see Pittsburgh looking to upgrade their defensive situation. Perhaps a package of 3 players containing (pick three) Christiansen, Ouellet, Talbot, Stone and Filewich. All have the potential to fill a 2nd line or a 3rd scoring line. Another direction may be perhaps Backman and a 1st round pick for Staal?

I wouldn't settle for what you would. Cory Stillman? We're trying to build a winner. We are not there yet or even close (to build a long term contender). We want someone that will be on the team two to five years from now. I wouldn't trade future unless I received someone with one in return.

Who do you see as a legit trade partner looking for a top three defenseman?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote