View Single Post
Old
05-22-2007, 06:59 PM
AdsSabresRule

vCash: 500
'Small player'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I agree with the thinking that Poile will attempt to address our depth and improve our bottom two lines instead of trying to grab another big money guy. Especially Briere. Another small player with injury problems.
There was discussion once about Danny and Max (Afinigenov)...Tempers. Remember, Danny spears OV in the ribs after he gets boarded and crushed the game before...Max, well this kid is just mean - spirited! Someone was like 'why do these goal - scorer finesse types play so cheap (etc) at times, and put us in a bad position?'
The hockey guy on the show was saying that good, fast, smallish forwards like these guys have had to come up from peewees, midgets, bantam, junior, national, etc. being poked, speared, crushed, etc...they had to either be 'tough and nasty' or not make it...So, when people talk of Danny being a 'smallish forward', I have to wonder if your really thinking how a pure goal - scorer with his size makes it so far? He's a tough cookie with a nasty streak...I'd take him!
FWIW.

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote