View Single Post
Old
05-23-2007, 02:21 PM
funktasticblues93

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
I think it would be very stupid to part with Jackman.

I didn't mind the McKee signing as much, I think we will appreciate him more when he has a full, healthy, year under his belt with us.

With that said, the only thing I disagreed on with new ownership and JD is the Brewer contract.

I would have shipped Brewer at the deadline for a 1st rounder or a forward (like Boyes). I just don't get it, Ownership knew Jackman is up for a contract, knowing EJ will probably with the Blues next year. And if we can't trade Backman, we have his salary for a couple more years....
That is already 3 or 4 defensemen you have in the NHL next year, making big bucks.

I just don't think Brewer is a top 2 defensemen and I am not a big fan of him or his contract.
I have a feeling everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised with Brewer, now that he'll have a full year of Murray under his belt and he's another year mature. Brewer is just now reaching his prime IMO. That being said, I don't think the Blues will part with Jackman, mid year they will be in contract talks to get him extended. Now maybe if he's wanting McKee Brewer money, we might see him getting shipped off, but I think Backman is the odd man out. Backmans contract isn't that bad and he's only 26 years old.

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote