View Single Post
Old
05-25-2007, 12:40 PM
cantskate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
Why hate Leipold or even Balisille who is a go getter extraordinaire? Leipold has been pretty honest for 10 years...He said he would get free agents after a few years of good drafting ...and he did! (Kariya, Arnott, Dumont) ...he acquired Sullivan.....and he acquired Peter Forsberg for a playoff run. He said he needed help with corporate seats years ago, that the individual fan support has been good. He publicly offered to sell smaller shares of this team to local interest.....nothing! He asked to sporting counsel for help....nothing! I don't blame Leipold one bit. I blame a city that was sticking out it's tongue saying we are a sports city unlike Atlanta.....well look at us now folks....bye bye pro golf events in the city, we are close to losing the Sounds... and probably the Preds. And over 12% of the nights of the year there is an event with over 12,000 downtown....many of whom are patrons of local business. ...thanks to this hockey team. This city just does not care; let's see how they feel when these entities are all gone.

Sucks. I am pissed at this city right now more than anything. They should be on their knees to Balisille right now...

The voice of reason in an emotion-laden thread.

cantskate is offline   Reply With Quote