View Single Post
Old
02-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang
I don't care if this guy drops the gloves once in a while. I'm sick of seeing him cost us goals. For those of you who have seen most of the games over the last 2 years, you have to agree with me that there is no other defencemen in the league who deflects more pucks into his own net than Quintal! He did it again just a couple games ago (NY game?) He just stands there and pucks go off him. It's not bad luck, it's where and how he's standing!

Then, tonight against the Bruins, he totally loses that little turd Green and allows hime to tie the game! What the hell was he doing? He's slow and he's gotta go! Komi should be playing regularly!
Quintal isn't a great defenseman by any stretch of the imagination but he has done a decent job this season and has been a strong physical presence in the defensive zone. It is Quintal's job to stand in front of the net and clear the crease and he does a very good job of this, unfortunately standing in the crease can sometimes lead to some ill-timed deflections but I would rather that than a player like Traverse not taking the man and watching uncontested rebounds or passes being swatted into the net. I remember Craig Ludwig used to have quite a few goals banked off of his ski's but there was no denying his effectiveness at clearing the crease and sacrificing his body to keep the puck out of his own net.

As far as having Komisarek take Quintal's spot, Komisarek simply isn't ready for that responsibility and has been repeatedly burned this season when given the opportunity to play an increased role. When Souray returns, Komisarek should be back in the press box because he isn't currently one of our top 6 d-men.