View Single Post
Old
02-27-2004, 06:28 AM
#1 Habitant

vCash:
Poll

As far as I'm concerned, I don't think Gainey is going to tinker too much with our current lineup. He obviously does not believe in bringing in a new guy by way of trade just before the deadline for fear of destroying the team's chemistry. I think his biggest trades will be on draft day or in the summer.
If a trade does occur, it will not be a blockbuster deal as some would like to dream about. It will be a 3rd or 4th line player added for size, defensive insurance or similar. What many fail to remember is that we have a pretty decent offensive team right now. The Habs have proven that they can play with the best and beat them. I think when they're all healthy, we have one of the best defence core in the entire league which will only get better with time.
As for players traded, I believe it will be either Perreault, Sundstrom, or Kilger. Our prospects are staying - Hossa, Hainsey, etc will not be traded. Why do we want to become like TO with little left in the cupboard? Contrary to what many have said about Hainsey and Hossa, time is on their side and they will mature into very decent players for the Habs. Keep in mind, Gainey studied the situation for several months and knows what talent we have. Have faith in Bob and Andre!! Go Habs!