Thread: Sami Kapanen
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2004, 10:51 AM
tytech

vCash: 500
I am pretty happy to hear that no flyers fans think the same. I was hoping I wouldn't run into a comment suggesting that he was not a valuable asset to this team and he should be traded. We didn't get hosed by any means. Any player that comes here is given a team role. Kapanen would be a first liner in Columbus or Nashville, Florida etc. We are a top five team in the league and each player is given a team role to help us win or get over the hill. We play defensively and Kapanen is awesome. I don't think he gets enough powerplay time anymore. Last year, before Pitkanen came, he did but I highly doubt he was the reason it was bad. He kills penalties and is awesome in five on five play. Like someone mentionned if you are not a Flyers fan you are obviously watching only the highlights and scoreboard and that is not where Kapanen excels. Those same people were probably saying the same thing about Primeau until the all star selection. He is also one physical and fiesty sob. I had no idea he played like this in Carolina. Maybe he didn't but I am impressed cause he's a small guy.