View Single Post
Old
05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Sorry...I can't jump on your band wagon. If the city of Nashville wants to support the Preds and increase ticket sales, then great....I would love for the team to stay put, BUT if the fan support for such a great hockey team still isn't there and the team is going to continue to lose money, then why not move them to a hockey market where the team will have cheering fans every game and be financially stable. Afterall it is a business and sometimes there has to be business decisions made to turn things around.

The way I look at it is that you had your chance, you had a great team the last 3 or 4 seasons.....a very competitive team at that and there was still no fan support and the team lost so much money that the owner had to sell it. So, why do you think it would be a good idea to keep the team in Nashville and watch it lose more and more money? Sorry, but it just makes no sense.

But with all that being said, good luck in your endevours to keep the team in Nashville!!! If you really want to keep your team, then show that to the league with your emails, phone calls and letter of support.
The Preds supposedly lost $60 million in the last 6 years, what most people aren't hearing is that Powers management group made $45 million during the same period. Powers management is the other company that Leipold owns and manages the arena. So he only lost 2-3 million a year including the lock out year. Both companies are being sold.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote