View Single Post
Old
05-29-2007, 10:40 AM
taipale*

vCash: 500
Well here's the translation from the year-old player profile. Jatkoaika's annual HPK analysis isn't still ready so I can't quote it yet, and I'm not a spectator of HPK's games myself, so can't help you there:

Career: Born in Vantaa, Pihlström tranfered from Jokerit A-junior team to FEL's Blues in the 02-03 season. Managed to battle his way to the regular line-up, and moved to SaiPa the following season to get more playing time and a boost to his career.

Became a favorite both among the coaches and the fan at a quick rate. That SaiPa season could be well considered to be his breakthrough season, and he totalled in the end a healthy 21 points. There were plenty of takers for him afterwards but he chose to sign with HPK eventually.

Strengths:

Pihlström is a quick, strong and unprejudiced player - you can easily find those elements you need to succeed. Despite his small frame he tackles hard and doesn't avoid a good hassle. As an agitator he's top-notch, cause he gets easily on his opponents' nerves.

Weaknesses:

He must find some calmness playing with the puck. Sometimes he makes decisions too fast. His energetic style of play can sometimes hamper his play's quality.

- This was said a year ago, but this season in HPK he played his best season yet (56GP, 16+22=38) so I guess he found a way to improve those aspects of his game he had to, afterall.

taipale* is offline   Reply With Quote