View Single Post
Old
05-30-2007, 02:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
I e-mailed the management of the Penguins to see what the fans could do to help out in keeping the team in Nashville and this is what they sent.

<Email>

Ray,

First, congratulations on a great season. I also must say I visited Nashville for the first time last summer and absolutely loved it! I can’t wait to go back.

If anyone can understand your situation, it is definitely the Pittsburgh fans. I am not fully aware of all the details of Nashville’s situation. Our situation was probably much different and was mainly driven by the need for a new arena. Mario worked for 7 years to get a new arena and our local government was not making any moves on that. Then the pending sale of the team and the slots license were also factors. It was up and down news everyday. One thing that may or may not be different is that Mario never wanted this team to move out of Pittsburgh and that is what kept our confidence up. He worked very hard to look for someone with intentions of keeping the team in Pittsburgh. From our experience, I can tell you to try not to believe everything you read until things are definite. Everyone assumed Balsillie was going to move our team if he bought it but our executives did not feel that way. As we learned, selling an NHL team is a process and a letter of intent does not always mean the team is moving. I don’t know if you read this article but the sale of the team would have to be finalized and then the NHL would have to approve the move which is not easy.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page

Again, I am not sure of the details on your situation but I know our fans sent a lot of e-mail and message board support. They also sent e-mails and letters to all the local, county, and state government officials, as well as the NHL. Our fans also held rallies outside the arena with give-aways and music. Unfortunately when it comes down to it, it is a business and I am sure they have worked very hard to make things work. I can only suggest continuing showing your support and stay positive until the bottom line is drawn. I wish you all the best and I hope your team stays in Nashville.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda Rameas

Customer Service Representative

Pittsburgh Penguins

One Chatham Center, Suite 400

Pittsburgh, PA 15219-3447

</Email>

I guess you could take this as good news.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote