View Single Post
Old
05-31-2007, 11:59 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
I expect the Rangers to fill 2nd line center from outside the organization in the off season via trade or free agency. Not sure then where Jarkko would fit in. Cullen seemed to have found his niche on the third line. Cullen is preferrable on the 3rd line IMO over Jarkko if for no other reason than he can really skate--he's not one of our better contracts though. Jarkko almost made the team out of camp--however he didn't seem to take the demotion to Hartford well--running up the worst minuses on the team before he was recalled. He was given an opportunity to play with good players and given minutes. He did not create much chemistry with anyone. As Ola pointed out the puck didn't seem to be around him a lot when he did play. He's not the fastest player--neither is Shanahan who he did get a good opportunity with. Lots of problems pressuring the puck in the offensive zone if you can't get in on top of your opponents defense. Someone has to have speed on any line he plays with because he doesn't have enough. I expect he'll go somewhere else over the summer. If he stay in North America I think he'll eventually catch on somewhere in the NHL as a 2nd or 3rd liner. He does have talent.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote