View Single Post
Old
06-03-2007, 06:39 PM
hillbillypriest

vCash: 500
I've got a dumb question, but before I start I want to state openly that I'm an Oiler fan who truly hopes you guys keep your team.

I can understand the feeling of not wanting to support a new owner that blatantly appears to want to drive the team out of town, but wouldn't more fun to screw Balsillie by making sure he doesn't create the conditions needed to justify a move? I'm no expert on your situation, but my sense is that the team has been pretty close to the level of fan support needed to keep the team in town. If true , the reported selling price of $220 million seems to be a pretty huge premium over the value of the team in place. However, wouldn't it be relatively "cheap" for the community to come up with enough additional ticketholders to cement the team in town. I know it would feel like giving into blackmail, but it seems to me that the cost to push the city over the top next year would be only a fraction of the premium Balsillie paid. In other words, if you really wanted to screw Balsillie over, its seems to me that'd be the way to do it.

Anyway, my two cents....

Best of luck preds fans.

hillbillypriest is offline   Reply With Quote