View Single Post
Old
06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Just the realist. I don't think that Balsillie would "gut" the team that is considered within their "window" of competing for the Cup right now.

I don't expect any major free agent signings, but do expect the resigning of one or two of our major free agents (preferably Hartnell) and a couple of mid-level signings to fill the holes left after free agency and to address some of the needs that arised during the last season.

Expecting Balsillie to suddenly blow our "budget" approach out the window and push our payroll towards the cap (which is getting ridiculously high) would be a definite mistake and would only go to bolster our "losses" (while continuing to give Powers Management as much of the profits as possible) and further the case for Nashville failing as an NHL market.

I think we need to stop with the doom and gloom after every one of these transactions and look at the big picture and realize that most of us would be applauding these transactions should the other "crap" not be going on regarding the sale of the franchise.
Why should you doubt that the same guy that's making misdirectionary deals to procure arenas he has no intent of using in Hamilton would "gut the team?"

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote