View Single Post
Old
02-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
We Ranger fans wish that we had even one player like JR who plays his heart out every day he is on the ice. He deserves the respect shown to him for his absolute love of the game.

Hockey needs more JR's in this league
LI i agree
JR is a player you love to hate, i liked the guy all through his career just hated him when he came to filthy cause hes not someone you want to play against 6 times a year

if there was one guy i wanted signed when he was a UFA it was JR but we never had a chance, but he is fun to watch, he plays the game the way its suppossed to be played: he hits, he scores, he passes, he will even fight and he speaks up

I was glad he went after the nhl and the refs, yeah in the end he kinda apologized, but the nhl was not doing a good job of officiating and it was hurting the sport and the players, and by him speaking up, something that happens constantly in basketball and a good amount in footbal but is rare in hockey, maybe he did open some eyes (hopefully the refs) and force them to call a better game because they know someone is going to take shots at them

anyway i wish JR the best