View Single Post
Old
02-28-2004, 11:18 PM
lace-em'-up

vCash: 500
Dal/Wash good/bad trade partners?

i was looking at Washingtons prospects and saw that they have alot of goalie depth which would be the stars main trade bait.
but they dont have any left wingers.
dallas however has alot of good left wing talent.
the most nhl ready being Miettinen

dallas is looking for a defensman, and a scoring left winger to go into the playoffs with
and Washington is looking to rebuild.

washington dosnt have any scoring LW but they do have Grier, someone Dallas has looked at, but dont know how much he's needed with Corson now on the team.

is Witt, and Grier soon to be UFA, if so i dont think dallas would have to pay a 1st rounder and a lot of prospects. if they arnt soon to be UFA it might cost a little more but i still wouldn't think they would have to give an arm and leg to get them.

heres a proposal for witt, and grier

(if players are soon to be FA)
to Dallas: Witt, Grier
to Wash.: Miettinen, Dal(Clb.) 2nd. 04'

if not add another mid tier prospect.

also the Rangers are sort of in the same boat with rebuilding, except they could use a defensman, center, or maybe even a goaltending prospect. a lw wouldn't hurt either.

to Dallas: Leetch, Ruchinsky(sp?) or Nedved, future considerations.
to NYR: Erskine, Polak, Joel Lundqvist, Dal 3rd round pick 04'

it might be overpaying if they would just be rent a players. esp. if it was for Ruchinsky. thats why the Future consideration is there, to even things out a little.

though i think dallas is going to make a move at deadline, and these two teams dallas as rumored to be eyeing, i dont think they should go out and move a lot of youth for a big named defensman. dallas defense as really been doing the job and sweeney and Klemm have been doing an super job as a third pair, bringing in any D would just mess that up.

but what ever happens happens and it sure will be exciting at the deadline.

Last edited by lace-em'-up: 02-28-2004 at 11:24 PM.