View Single Post
06-09-2007, 01:36 AM
Hockey Outsider
vCash: 500
Hi everyone, I'm back from my vacation. Northern Ontario and Quebec are beautiful at this time of year--absolutely worth a visit if you enjoy the outdoors. I was hoping to have occasional internet access during the week but none was available. I just got back today so I'll catch up on the second-round series ASAP. Sorry I didn't get a chance to vote on the matchups.

I'm glad, though a bit surprised, to see that my Habs are still around. Thanks to everyone that voted. Arrbez, congrats for the great series--too bad we didn't have a chance for more discussion. We both had some advantages, and I think you have one of the best teams ever from a rookie GM.

I'll add comments to my series (and, hopefully, the other three) during the next couple of days. Looking forward to some good discussions/debates with Laperriere.

I should also mention that on the way home, I stopped to visit my grandfather. We had a long, fascinating conversation about the Montreal Maroons. He had lots of first-hand information about the Maroons franchise and their stars, including Cy Wentworth and Hooley Smith. I'll type this up sooner or later, it's great to hear a first-hand account of an often-forgotten franchise.

Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Keep the votes coming! Deadline is saturday NOON your time.
Yikes, I didn't realize that the deadline was so soon. Is there any chance the deadline can be extended a few hours (maybe until 5 or 6 on Saturday?). I'd like to vote on the series but I just home about 2 hours ago and I need some time to read/analyze the series. Thanks.

Last edited by Hockey Outsider: 06-09-2007 at 01:42 AM.
Hockey Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote