View Single Post
Old
06-09-2007, 05:15 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Nice post mouse. I hope the BUF/TO Board of Governor members feel the same way!
----------

I don't know if anyone put up a recap of the Rodier interview from 104.5 on the business/other board (b/c I don't read those anymore...too many, uh ...holes). Anyway just thought I'd put a short one here...

The first question was about the rampant speculation of moving the team to which he said, "Just chill." Nashville is a great place, with a great team from office to players. They just want to win a cup and this is already a really good team with Poile and co. He can understand why we're concerned and maybe communications should have been different all around but we shouldn't panic about the team moving.

About the FAN590 interview: Just answering questions and that all moves made were just been contingency plans. If the team doesn't have a lease, they need a contingency plan for a place to play.

The ONLY 2 ways that the team could leave. ONLY 2 WAYS: 1. Lease terminated before 2028. 2. NHL must consent to relocation.

Rodier/Balsillie knowledge of Nashville: Balsillie has never been here. Rodier has been here. He really likes it, especially the bars on lower Broad and The Ryman even though he's not into country (but seeing it live in these little bars it was pretty good). He suggested to his family that they take a family vacation here a few months before this sale was even announced. Said it is a really cool place.

He said that it's tremendous seeing a game live, kind of like the country music in bars vs radio thing. And that building a winner gets people in the arena. Specifically mentioned success of Carolina and Anaheim. They want to win a Cup.

They want to build a long term winner, win the Cup. We have great prospects including Cody "Freeson" and "Dan" Klein. Weber and Radulov are going to be great superstars. Vokoun is a really good goalie. As far as FA's, until they own the team, everything is up to Leipold as to who he signs or doesn't. So even if they don't own the team until mid July, it's up to CL to build the team.

That was about it. Maybe it's my mustard colored glasses, but I wasn't that impressed. Or maybe it was that he was exercising and had to stop to wipe sweat off his head during the interview that I found kind of rude. Really nothing new that we didn't know from the last few days. But I still don't trust them.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote