View Single Post
Old
02-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
I wouldn't say Witt is a depth guy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
Its very simple. Depth. You can never have too much depth. Especially at defense because you never know what can happen with injuries and maybe one guy will end up playing really crappy. There are a lot of possibilities that can happen but if you can get a depth player cheaply AND get someone that could possibly be in your future plans for cheap then you HAVE to do it. I know right now Witt is someone off washington that people mention and he is relatively young at 28 or 29. We don't know whats going to happen with Quintal or someone else so why not pick a d up for cheap. For this year or future. Doesn't matter.

as getting him will easilly cost us Hainsey, and if we are only talking Depth don't we already have Dykhuis as our 7th defencemen, I wouldn't mind acquiring someone for third rounder but other then that no need to burn future assets just to add depth, we already have our top six set, so whats the use of bringing in someone to do the same job our top six D are alraedy doing, and don't we have Hainsey, Komisarek ready to step in next year, so I don't see any point in acquiring long term contract either, as only Quintal leaves next year, we still keep our top five after next year!!