View Single Post
Old
02-29-2004, 12:46 PM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Yeah, I think he'd already been up here for good if we didn't have too many adequate offensive-minded Dmen. On a team like Atlanta, he'd be their PP QB. I would hesitate to deal Hutch for Sutton straight up because I just don't think Sutton is that good. He was horrid for Minny; horrid for Atl in his first 1/4 season there. He had one nice season last year and has been OK this year and that's the extent of it. His +/- is good but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he was injured in the middle of Atl's tank job. I'd be honest and say, if I was Poile and Atl wanted to deal Sutton for Hutchinson, I would insist on something more. I think Hutch can have just as much of an impact as Sutton next year and he'd be 5 years younger. I'd rather hold on to him in hopes that his value would continue to increase. He has the potential to hold so much more value than Sutton.

And if we are going to actually acquire a Tarnstrom, I'd be more inclined just to give the job to Hutchinson. I guess the next few games will determine Hutch's future to an extent. If he plays well, I'd imagine he prices himself out of Sutton's range. If he doesn't, he might be shipped.
I agree. On an even swap of hutch for sutton, we'd be getting ripped. I love hutch, but IMO he is part of an aspect of our franchise that we are stocked in. What I'm trying to say that as much as I like hutch, he is expendable and could yield an excellent return.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 02-29-2004 at 01:08 PM.