View Single Post
Old
06-14-2007, 02:48 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
i played in piha this year here in denver. its a pretty high level of play for roller, but not like the RHI was. Its tough to judge, because we basically created five teams out of the same player pool with 2 teams in denver, two in CO springs, and one in ft collins. on the east coast they wouldve made one team out of that and it wouldve been a much better team. you dont get paid unless you win the whole thing (i think you get some cash for division titles), or if youre team has so many fans you make enough money to offset the cost of rink time for games and practices, refs etc..they do require money up front, but you can get sponsored or sell season tickets instead. you get uniforms, helmets and gloves - tons of practice time and 32 games at least. there were pro and minors. i had a blast, i don think im a "pro" by any stretch and it shouldnt be called that (semi pro at best) but if youre a good player looking to play at the highest level you can and there is a team near you its worth checking out. aside from maybe narch D 1 or pro you wont find much better out there.

our division has a bunch of narch pros/former pros, former ncaa's, guys who played junior. those guys are all the older players. all the young guys are mostly high end roller kids coming up through the tournament system.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote