View Single Post
Old
06-14-2007, 04:25 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
I have a question for you Bleedgreen, was the league really dominant cause i don't want to try-out and get schooled really bad.
its hard to say what would be dominant to you. first of all, when competing for the team, youre going against people from your area not people from mine. are there a ton of players who can kick your butt going out for it? i think tryouts are always a good thing. even if youre not up to snuff there are a lot of things you can learn about the game and yourself. if youre afraid of getting schooled competive hockey in general may not be your thing. im not trying to be a jerk, its just the type of thing where you gotta throw all you got against the wall and see what sticks - and if youre afraid of failing you wont do your best.

in general, the minor leagues have a wide variety of skill. they need dedicated people more than high end ones, thats the case here anyway. in many places these things are political and those running the team have a pretty good mind for who they want on the pros to a certain extent. you may have to prove yourself on the minor league team (if you have one, all our teams out here did). id have to know more about you to get an idea of where you would fit in.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote