View Single Post
Old
02-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
respectable? the team hasnt made the playoffs in 7 years, i think you'd have an easier time being the publicist for mike tyson.

i dont think we need to play kids, but trade the veteran assets we have, add a prospect or two and fill the defense with cheaper alternatives while they devleop. if you're gonna miss the playoffs why not at least get some young quality.
i never said this corp was respectable... i said the hope of keeping it respectable

look we cant go with all kids, if we can get a solid younger defensemen for de Vries then im in, but we cant completely gut this team since we are going to be stuck with jagr, holik, and kasper... if we were going to have a complete firesale than yes id agree, but we arent and u know if there is a season next year this team no matter how many new faces will be aiming for the playoffs

id keep de vries, markkanen, barnaby, simon, rucinsky, and leetch along with the 3 untradeables (kasper, holik, jagr) and the kids like ortmeyer, lundmark, tyutin, and lacouture