View Single Post
Old
03-01-2004, 12:14 AM
The Flash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
No, I think we are fine either way. If Roenick retires, bring up Carter and don't resign Zhamnov. I say insert Carter right into that first line. People will say I'm nutz, of course, but it would be even crazier to bring him up to play on the 3rd or 4th line where his defensive responsibilities will be even greater. Put him on a scoring line and let him learn.
I am very happy that you are not the coach of the Flyers. I don't know the last time in the NHL that a rookie was the number 1 center AND their team made the playoffs.

Remember, this is not EA NHL 2005 where you get to control the players. Carter would get eaten alive by guys like Thornton, Modano, Sakic... even Messier would be able to handle Carter at that stage of his career. Carter needs to learn by watching the game from the bench and playing limited minutes. If Carter proves that he can handle the rigours, then move him up the depth chart. But he has to earn it. Imagine the team chemistry if they just inserted a rookie ahead of Handzus and Primeau.