View Single Post
Old
06-17-2007, 05:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingCapt19 View Post
Renewals on season tickets are at 66%, many waiting to see what happens with the move. I dont think there will be that much of a drive to keep them by the fans, I used to live there, many of those people just dont care about hockey, which is sad. I remember last year when the Preds were in the thick of the playoff hunt, and the Titans signed David Givens, that made the front page of the Tennessean and was the headline on 104.5, when I called to ask why they dont spend more time talking about a playoff team, they said "Well you know this is football country" ... Just wants to make you shake your head in disgust.
actually, the 66 percent is, as mentioned by the Tennessean, about the norm for this time of year. If you still lived in Nashville, you'd see that this has, if anything, woken people up. Now, it might just be because people feel like their backs are against the wall and they don't like it...and maybe the enthusiasm won't last, even if we are successful...but you can't be discouraged by what you're seeing around town, right now.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote