View Single Post
Old
03-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
this ladies and gentlemen was exactly what i feared when we drafted him. this team can't handle a project the size {no pun intended} of hugh jessiman.

on a personal note {unrelated} Ryan Getzlaf, one of my fav's from last year was the last cut from ducks camp, is having a very nice year and might just be ready to play in the NHL next season.

my "keep an eye" on player for 2004 is his linemate, Andrew Ladd. Very underrated kid whose only backer seems to be CSB. Meanwhile Schremp keeps getting hype despite being a relative disappointment this year. Well politics is politics.
Getlaf - I didn't like him very much last year, but he has improved dramatically IMO. His skating got alot better, that was his downside for me going into the draft last year.

Ladd - I'm not so sure we see eye to eye on this guy. Doesn't matter, we're going to be drafting #5 or higher, at the worst we draft at #7 and I say thats too high for Ladd. I can think of 10 players I'd take before him. Just not enough skill. I'd take Berti before him, similar player, if it wasn't for his prior injuries that worry me.

If we pick at #4-#6 i'd go for either Schremp/Radulov/Barker/Wolski. After that it's one of the big D-men : Green/Valabik/Smid/Thelen/Meszaros/Schultz - whoever the scouts decide is the best from that group.