Old
06-19-2007, 01:41 AM
markzab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Interesting.

I think you are really underrating Hartnell and Timonen. Are they overpaid? I have no idea, the market will be inflated this year due to the salary cap increase. Philly may have overpaid to get these guys, but guess what, they have them before they even hit the open market.

Hartnell produced solid numbers playing constantly on the third line in Nashville. He's a great net presence. His only knock is that he sometimes takes bad penalties. After that, the guy is as solid of player. And he's still 25.

Timonen is on the best PP guys in the league. His passing is awesome. Do me a favor and go checkout players who have played with Kimmo. Checkout their stats before coming to Nashville, their stats playing with Kimmo on the PP and their stats after leaving Nashville. Some names of interest might be Drake Berehowsky, Andy Delmore, etc. Many factors are involved, but to think that this guy (Timonen) had little to do with it would be a joke in my opinion. He's had great numbers in the NHL. He's captained the Predators team which just had its best season ever. He led an inexperienced defense. He's a bit slower then he used to be, but he's still a very solid player.

Philly just improved their team a TON. Sounds to me like you are bitter your team didn't acquire either player. Or perhaps you are the type who post on these board about how you would have signed each for $1 million a season.
Thank you.

I'm actually going to be spending $12 tomorrow via paypal (they're down right now) in order to become a sponcer on HF. Why? So I can have an extended signature and quote what he said about my teams playoff chances.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote